Amanda Petersen, M.Div.
Amanda's passion is to create the space where each person can listen deeply the Wisdom Within. As life continually unfolds, it is so important to have others to walk alongside us. Founder of Pathways of Grace, Amanda has experience as a spiritual director, soul centered life coach, pastor, hospice chaplain, feng shui practitioner writer and artist. Amanda has been practicing spiritual direction for over 22 years and has been a coach for 10 years.
With individuals she:
• Uses the deep listening skills of spiritual direction as you walk through the transitions in your life so you may hear your own wisdom more clearly.
• Honors your own unique way to pay attention to the gift of God/Divine in the midst of all circumstances.
• Accompanies you through what the the transitions of life are teaching you so you will experience change in amazing ways - beyond what you could ever imagine
• Empowers you to integrate your values into each area of your life.
• Uses a wide variety of spiritual, prayer and discernment tools.
• Walks with you in the decision-making process.
• Encourages using creativity in the process.
Her style is intuitive, meeting you where you are, allowing space to hear the Wisdom within your own heart. Her training includes Spiritual Direction, Individual Supervision with Spiritual Directors, the Ignatian Exercises, Benedictine Spirituality, Meditation, and other Contemplative Practices. Confidentiality is very important and will be discussed on the first visit. She follows a specific Code of Ethics in every area of her practice.
Individual spiritual direction sessions last one hour and may take place in person, by phone or via the internet. How often you meet will depend on what you feel you need at the time. On average, most people meet once or twice a month. Fees for spiritual direction are on a sliding scale of $55 - $95 per session, and you decide what works best for your situation.
With Amanda's group work and retreats, she emphasizes the gift of community; that in being present to one another, no matter what the similarities or differences might be, we are all connected. Amanda loves to work with boards, session and other leadership groups to help them find connection and focus in the practicalities of their work.
She is co-director of Explore and Connect with God, spiritual direction training and Director of the Supervision of Spiritual Directors training at Pathways of Grace. She is adjunct faculty at the Hesychia School of Spiritual Direction as well as other spiritual direction schools.
Supervision for Spiritual Directors
As spiritual directors having a supervisor is important to help you be present to your client by revealing the blocks that can get in the way of fully holding space for another. Supervision also provides a place to share the joys and continue to explore what it means to be a spiritual director.
Amanda offers supervision in either one hour ($60) or half-hour sessions ($30).
Amanda's specialty is helping you create a life aligned with your values. Through a variety of practices you will:
• Create rhythm and intentionality to your life
• Learn how to face situations and people that challenge your sense of values in a way that leads to inner and out connection
• Have support as you move through life
• Become empowered to live the life you feel called to live
• Create momentum around your life, whether that is a business, your family, a project etc.
• Understand yourself better and be able to connect with others
• Learn how to make decisions that align with your values
• Find the confidence and freedom to live your authentic life
If you are ready to live a life of authenticity these coaching packages are for you.
Coaching is offered in a package of 3 months. This includes all materials, 4 hours of coaching per month and internet support. The cost is $900 for the 3 months. A Personal retreat day is also available. This is a 4 hour time in one day and is $350.
Amanda has been attracted to Feng Shui for many years. As she has worked as a spiritual director and coach she witnessed how amazing inner change would happen and yet individuals would be stuck in their environment. Their lives would feel incongruent.
Feng Shui is the Chinese are of placement. Through that placement one sees how the space that surrounds us has an energy that works with our inner life. If one experiences inner change it is also important to look at change in environment and also changing one’s environment and becoming more intentional with one’s surrounding supports inner transformation and growth.
Every consult is unique and personal to your circumstance. You are totally in control of the entire experience. If you are ready to see your personal or business space as a place of support and encouragement, then you will benefit from Feng Shui.
Basic Consultation $150
This is perfect for those who are curious about Feng Shui, have a specific issue or want to get an over feel for the flow and energy of their home. Amanda will come and walk through the home or area you are interested and discuss options and ideas to create the best energy flow for your home. This appointment lasts about 1.5 hours.
Extended Consultation $350
This appointment includes a 1.5 hour consultation, plus a written report and a follow up contact.
Amanda is also a writer and an artist. She enjoys creating art that brings the Spirit and whimsy together with "The Love of Grace Pet Icons", and other forms of art. She is committed to living a simple life with intention toward where the Divine is leading. She is the mother of an amazing adult daughter, grandmother to beautiful Alice, and blessed owner of her Boston Terrier, Grace and two cats, Esperanza and Amore.